Thursday, June 25, 2009

So Pretty I Like to Pretend I Could Make One


(update: she moved).
Speaking of crochet, I LOVE this, from Smosch. I want to make it. Theoretically, I know how it's done. My grandmother taught me to crochet when I was about seven, and these squares are within my technical ability. It's just a matter of looking up the pattern on Martha Stewart, getting the supplies, and actually doing it.

When I was a child, we had an afghan like this hanging on our wall. It was set in a black background though, and used 60s type color schemes. Maybe earlier, since my mom told me that some great aunt or other type of great had done it. Maybe I will do a white or cream one with all my favorite colors... rose, teal, pale turquoise, creamy yellow, rich brown, cranberry, a little orange, spring green, some black... in other words... something that looks just like this.


Oh, here. Granny Squares. Another tutorial, just in case.

No comments: