Monday, February 9, 2009

A Room/Closet/Corner of Her Own


I like this closet work space, found via pinkshirtsandcarwrecks. Very inspiring. You don't need a big space to have a room to call your own. (Actually, I like the whole place. It reminds me of my parent's hippie apartment in the 70's for some reason.) In fact, I don't have a room at all. I have a corner. But even if it's a corner, it's worth making it so that it feels like home, beautiful, peaceful, creative.

This is what I have now.
Aside from the fuzzy photo. I think I could do better. I need to work on the organizing a bit. I like the wall pencil holders, and I'm pretty sure I could make something up out of found materials for that one. Wouldn't it be cool to be a potter, just so you could make stuff you wanted out of clay? I also like the color. Bright is nice.

My desk is next to a window, so I can already see trees, but I think that the curtain with the trees printed on it is a good substitution for getting that natural feel. A large print or painting might also work, if one had a workspace in a closet. As does the mirror, bringing in reflected light. Good solutions. Actually, the green below/blue above color also serves to bring that bright outdoor feel into the small room. Frances really seems to know what she's doing.

No comments: